There are surprises around every corner of the 33-acre Atlanta History Center, including this adorable Victorian Playhouse, situated not too far outside the back of the historic Swan House.
Part of this Victorian Playhouse's "cool factor" is that it wasn't part of the Inman children's playtime. This house has quite another history. The placard in its "front yard" reads:
|Victorian Playhouse, Atlanta History Center|
"The Victorian Playhouse was built ca. 1890 in downtown Atlanta. The playhouse has resided in Inman Park, Ansley Park, Brookwood Hills, and Buckhead, reflecting Atlanta's residential growth northward. In 1980, the William D. Ellis family donated it to the Atlanta Historical Society. The playhouse is a typical folk Victorian building - a simple house type with applied Victorian decoration common in Georgia from 1890 to 1920. The house provides an architectural link between 1840s Tullie Smith Farm and 1928 Swan House."
Head over to the wanderlust Atlanta Facebook Page for more fun!
Post a Comment